Oliver Construction Co. is seeking an Estimator/Project Manager to become a part of our design/build team. Applicants should feel comfortable performing the following responsibilities and meet the requirements below:
- Manage all aspects of construction through completion and final payment
- Establish close relationships with governmental agencies, consultants, facility managers, owners and owner representatives.
- Prepare estimates while working closely with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Review plans and specs, attend pre-bid meetings; determine and prepare scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
- Prepare bid documents and project manuals for subcontractors.
- Prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data, prepare quantity takeoff, labor and material pricing, and equipment costs
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, in addition to a general understanding of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Organize, manage, process and complete all payment applications and other reports in a timely manner.
- Manage design-build and plan & spec projects
- Obtain bids for projects
- Estimate projects for quantity and totals
- Manage all documentation for projects
- Complete the bid process – project requirements and subcontract
- Thorough knowledge of proposal and construction drawings
- Move through the project scope through the creation of bid instructions
- Select bidders
- Qualify subcontractor proposals
- Prepare cost estimate
- Value Engineering through scope, sequencing and design evaluations
- Negotiate with subcontractors and issue subcontracts
- Manage and maintain project costs; issue subcontract change orders
- 5 years related estimating experience in construction
- Subcontractor areas of expertise
- Knowledge of the seasonal changes and effect on construction costs
- Construction types and techniques
- Costs of construction in all divisions of construction
- Knowledge of building codes, estimating, safety requirements
- Architectural knowledge
- Professional writing skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Construction related degree (two or four year) or made up for in experience
- Quality time management and ability to handle multiple projects at once